This basic Rope Rescue course provides students with the skills and knowledge necessary to safely work as part of a team conduction Rope Rescue operations.
At the completion of this class students will be able to:
- Demonstrate the proper use of Rope Rescue hardware
- Produce the necessary knots and bends
- Choose and construct anchor points
- Assemble mainline and belay systems
- Construct raising and lowering systems
- Demonstrate changeovers
- Safely descend a fixed rope
- Properly package victims for evacuation
- Perform as part of group; Low, Steep and High angle
- Perform basic pick-off
In addition to these manipulative skills students will:
- Understand patient safety aspects
- Describe strength ratings for equipment
- Demonstrate proper use, inspection and care of equipment
- Understand personnel and equipment limitations
- Describe the various roles within the Rescue Team and the Incident Command System (ICS)
Day 1 consists of 4 hours of classroom time and four 1 hour work stations.
Day 2 consists of 1 hour of review and 7 hours of practical application.